Tuesday 15 January 2008

doing something hopeless..

spoke to mum on MSN today
and I can't believe that mum was telling me about EFSA (the European Food Safety Authority)-she said it in Cantonese, I cannot recall what's it called already but I think that was what she meant...she read it somewhere in the newspaper I think...wow, to think that my mum even pay attention about this kind of things? awesome!!!
well, mum's idea was that I should look at the vacancies available anf try to apply...
which well, do you think I need to be told anymore to do this? I have been sending spontaneous resume more than half a year ago...and the very moment I knew about EFSA, I did check out their jobs section...which unfortunately for an authority like EFSA, it is predictable that they only take in highly experienced people...minimum 10 years experience in very specific areas pertaining to the vacancies they have...so no way I could get them to even look at my resume...
but well, nevertheless, since mum mentioned it today, i decided to send in my resume spontaneously..as I could fulfill the requirements of NONE of the vacancies published in the official website...so yeah, be prepared to get my email chucked into the trash bin...it's funny I will still bother to send in despite knowing the non-existing chance...
...to even think that I was far from fulfilling the requirements for Lloyd's (LRQA)..it will take a super long time before I will even be eligible to apply for any post with authorities like EFSA...
of coz I've always have the dream to work for big organizations...esp FAO/WHO of the United Nations...few months earlier I was even checking out the websites of these...and in fact there were some programs which after checking out requirements and details, I was so so confident that I am highly eligible...and at last guess what?! you could only join those programs if your government (the country where you originated) are associated with FAO/WHO in such a way...so pissed off man, Malaysia's not involved in the food prgrams of FAO and WHO?!
...and then I even wrote to the person in charge of enhancing the career opportunity for women in the UN...the lady was so nice, she immediately directed one of her subordinates to look into my email to provide me with all necessary info (which i've seen on their sites anyway, I was trying to hint, if there's any chance for me to join despite my countries not being associated, and nevetheless, at the end it is so unfortunate that it is still the fact that the Malaysian government is just not involved (even Japan's involved!!!)...therefore I was not qualified to apply...ah!!! if only i could, it would be such a life-enhancing and life-changing experience if I get chosen...hrrrmmmppphhh...I hope there is something better out there...(oh, what could be better?!)
...hmmm, i hope i will not forget my dream of joining these organizations later on in my life...i will want to widen my sight, given the opportunity...so yeah, FAO or WHO or other organizations...wait till I am eligible!! perhaps I am really too young now for anything like that? hmm...shall equip myself..but i seriously hope that I would still be able to continue on as a food safety trainer/consultant/auditor when I graduate...I know that's the direction I want to head for!

1 comment:

Panda said...

gogogo!!!
head towards your dreams...
i'll be cheering for u back here in old "malaysia"...
life becomes meaningful as you persue ur dreams...