Wednesday 9 January 2008

Lust, Caution 色,戒

I finished watching Lust, Caution yesterday (had to watched in two parts as it's like really long, made me a bit tired after watching the first hour or so;P)
...well, would be weird if i say that it's not good since Ang Lee got the best director for it?..anyway yeah, of coz personally I too agree that it's a good show...u know, the artistic kinda show...but I shouldn't be commenting too much incase of spoilers (I am good in giving away spoilers, haha;P) since many might have not watch yet...
...but i really like the Shanghai setting, the costumes and the atmosphere as a whole..really 'rich' and 'elegant'...and I didnt actually know that Wang Lee Hom was in it until I actually watch it, so it's an added bonus, haha ..he's so good looking!! (ahem, I am not a fan of him though..;PP)..while Tony Leung seriously appeared to have aged so much from many angles...(sigh, I hate the reality of aging)...and oh, there's also the fatty guy (haha, so bad of me;P) who acted as 李世文in大唐双龙传, I didnt know he could speak mandarin so well..also a nice surprise..
...during the first hour of the show, I was 'shocked' by one of the scenes though..very brutal (to me)..but very well done by Lee Hom and the few others, as I could really feel as if I was part of them in action!!! I was as stiff and as almost shivering like them watching that scene (thought I would have fainted, with those blood and all)...there's also another scene which really I salute Tony Leung for..deep inside him, he's just a bit insane (or slightly of a maniac i would call) contrasting the cool normal self his character usually potray..I cringed as I watch that scene...
...and lastly, if you could put urself in place of Wang Jiazhi...feel her feelings, try imagining yourself being her, all that she has to do and go through...this is the utmost thing about this movie to me, I guess...and I really like the fact that the main actress looked so naive and innocent, yet when she's all dressed up as Mrs. Mai, she could be really seductive!

No comments: