Monday 31 March 2008

Back~ with my eyes "HALF-DONE"

I was discharged on the 29th of March, after one night in the hospital..
..and honestly I was not very happy with the result...
..though doc did inform me of the last minute change of decision ...
(the doc said she and the orthoptist ( I always mix-up this term and the term opthalmologist) has a final discussion and agreed that only one eye should be operated...
when she informed me of this last minute change, i was already sedated and drowsy and in fact was just waiting for the gas to make me sleep...so what else do you expect me to say at that moment? ...if only I could insist firmly and say, "no, doc, I want you to operate both my eyes, please?"..buoy, I dont know...but what's passed is past...no remedy

in fact, initially (during that various consultations) what we agreed on was..to have 2 eyes operated (3 muscles on one eye and one muscle on the other) to achieve normal straight eyes alignment...I emphasized this many many many times to the doc and the opthoptist...I want straight alignment and am prepared for the double vision effect that might come with it...
..however since only one eye (meaning 3 eye muscles) was operated, i still have some residue of squint...(which to me it appears more than just 'residue')
...sighz...that quite a disappointment for me...well, in fact a big disappointment...I thought it would be a 'once and for all' 'event' and I'll be looking normal again...but...sighz...
I'll be going back for a follow-up/ check-up next monday - 7th April...I hope that doc will have some good plans to give me the perfect alignment...

...I dont really mind the pain, actually I dont find it all that painful, just some discomfort...but what I find hard was all the scheduling of time...applying for leave from my boss ...to see the doc and the opthoptist (and they dont work saturday)...now if I go for a second operation, I will need to go through all these arranging of time and all again...phew...not sure how happy my boss will be with me @ @
...and not to mention this is interuppting my initial plan for braces treatment...sighz...

3 comments:

冰冰-ping said...

hey...so i guess u're quite fine since u can blog on...=)
erm, i m not good in preparing the food laa..but i m good in eating only laa..haha..i love eating, no reason for it also...just like it so much...haha...
so how are u? not back to work yet rite? anyway..takecare ya!

Anonymous said...

hi kee...can i know which doc or which hosp u went for the surgery? my baby need the same treatment but i need more time to study bout the procedure and surgeon available. pls mail me at harc_hanna@yahoo.com if it is confidential. look fwd to hear from u..thank u very much

Kee Kee 琦琦 said...

Dear Hanna (hope i got it right?)

it's not anything confidential but perhaps email is better for lengthy description...hope u've got my email

do keep in touch if i could be of further help

i am currently still on follow-up for my own condition too