Monday 21 July 2008

me the timid girl?

I am always presenting the quieter and more timid side of me to many people (esp those whom I'm less familiar with, meaning to say especially those whom I meet for the first time during work..but even this depends..yeah, guess to some who just doesn't give me the feeling of being trustworthy...then I am as cold as a block of hard ice...which is happening to the new Ops Manager who just came in this month)
...he commented that knowing that I am received higher education overseas, I appear to be very quiet and TIMID!!! (oh I really dont like to be associated with this word, eventho I have to admit that I am quite timid at times) but anyway, this is good then, I do not want him to 'know' me in anyway because I sense that he is not someone who can really be trusted...

also I believe in this principle: 聪明的人会多做事 少说话 especially when it comes to office setting in which politics goes like fire
all the more I would hold strong to this principle

and in fact, it is almost effortless to break the ice in me (I melt almost instantly with 'heat';PPP)...just simple honesty and a true personality, and a wee bit of warmth is more than sufficient;PPP

3 comments:

Panda said...

i dont talk much in front of strangers too...
and i certainly agree with the smart people get things going and does less talking part...
anyway... its just a natural reaction for humans... we need to protect ourself... so when we feel that one person is not trustworthy... obviously we'll be keeping a distance in between...

Panda said...

oh yeah...
about lok-in...
i understand mr wong's concerns about the number of members keeping in touch with the forum...
but this time i face a bigger problem...
i cant even load the page...
i'm not sure it's my connection or the server's problem...
but i'll keep trying when i remember...
i dont mind you reminding me every now and then....
my memory is really that as good as before now... getting old...

Panda said...

i like presentations too...
i prefer not to look at slides or have any cue cards in my palms...
because i'll tend to look at it and stare at the words even though i know the whole script by heart... it's just hard to control... because when i have something to make sure everything goes alright for my presentation... i'll just rely on it...
if i dont look at the paper... i usually can present better by using my own words and stuff...