Saturday 18 October 2008

Dealing with relative with Cancer

I will be probably be blogging less from now...
this week has been very down..
..cousin sister (she's only 21) has been diagnosed with colon cancer...
...just confirmed today it is already third stage...
...but I still believe that nothing is impossible...
my family will be the one giving her full support, and I'm telling myself that I will also support cousin sis till she heals if possible..and if not..till the very end...
for this, I will be probably reduce my time on internet...considering my work load as well...
if anyone has any suggestion, please let me know...
have in mind...using chinese medicine / herbs as these have been in the story quite often...that the patients life span is prolonged or even healed
thanks to all my friends who's been supporting this boring blog of mine

but apart from that, also tellingmyself to exercise more
havent been doing that much after I came back from Europe

and yet knowing that exercise if one of the keys to reduce risk of cancer

*************
will go to aunty's house after dinner...our first meeting after knowing this incident...I don't know what to say or how to comfort her (or maybe any comforting words be in worthless)..but I guess whatever it is, we just want to let them know that...we are there for them...and we will be there whenever they need us...may God bless them....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

kee,

sorry to hear that... i did not know what to say...
but i am considered as a 過來人 i guess....

when my dad was dianogsed with liver cancer, it was already last stage.

try to let ur cousin be as happy as possible... i mean, 樂觀面對... cz, when they are down, it only make the situation worst...

those besides her, shouldnt be too sad either... cz this will affect the patient also... of course it would be hard, but that's the way it should be...

Panda said...

i'm so sorry to hear that...
well... my dad have a few friends who are quite nowledgeable about chinese herbs and stuff... i'll try ask and see what advices they have in mind...
i believe this is really devastating... so i really dont know what else to say but to offer you my moral support!!
anything... when you feel like letting out, feel free to do that in my blog... the comment box is always open for you...

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that.
不過既然已是事實,我們就不應該害怕它.
不要令病人覺得自己是世界上最慘的,最可憐的,大家都要樂觀的去面對.
你說得很對,nothing is impossible.
而且,你表妹並不是孤身作戰的~
有你們一家人,和我們遠方的祝福,一定可以撐下去的!