Saturday 29 November 2008

What does the future holds...?

I wonder what will happen to our dear country, say in the next 20 years, with our current political scene...?
Ever since Dr. M stepped down it seemed that things have gone a bit shaky...and the last two years have seen various events taking place...not so good ones...to be 'fair' there are also one or two good ones...like how people say we are lucky that we were not hit as badly as other countries with the current economy turmoil..(but perhaps this has less to do with the current gov actions/decisions? it's 'something laid down' last time?)
anyway sometimes it really makes one think...(i think too much at times;PP)...would I want to continue living in Msia if I ever have the chance to live elsewhere? (considering the gov and political factor, not so much of the others...i know our country is a nice place to live in in many other aspects)...do I want my next generation to undergo the country's educational system? (my heart is already screaming a thousand, a billion NO!!)
...when you see our politicians speak and argue in the 'dewan'...sometimes its like kids arguing...and they make suggestions or ideas such as:
1...changing name of Jalan Alor to Jalan Kejora...?!
2...no more women on ads...?!
3...signage boards should or should not bear this language / that language...?!
4...yoga not allowed for...?!

...and then the locking up people who blogs openly on certain issues...?!
and a whole list of I can't remember what...really feel like 吃饱没事做...when there are a whole lot of serious problems waiting to be solved...and then all they do is argue and argue, with no solid conclusions but confusions
...that sometimes a layman on the road could be asking 'why so stupid ar?'
...I wonder what the future holds for us and our next generation?....better prepare ourselves...but don't get the wrong idea...I love my country...and hence voicing out my worries...

No comments: