Sunday 6 January 2008

The coming goverment...

Malaysia's election is coming again...hmm...times flies...meaning another 5 years had past ..ok, well not exactly 5 years yet, the last election was in 2004...I remember that was the first year I was supposed to carry out my responsibility as a citizen (eligible from age 21) to cast vote...but bleah...I didn't ...I was a care-less citizen back then...plus, I don't really know the politicians or the details of their work...I mean, so what if they keep campaigning and promote themselves...go to the market and speak to some aunties selling vegetables, greet some grandmothers buying meat...tease some babies in their mothers' arms?
..and then when you turn on the news during campaigning period, you hear all their promises...so many that you probably won't remember much after the election...if what they promise before you vote for them are actually realized or not? so yeah...I mean, they try to make everyone vote for them, but then again, how many of those who voted, know who they are voting for? and if they do not know the person then how good is the vote then?

...in fact this year, I personally have a very small interest to cast vote:PP.. but unfortunately though, I'm not home, I could do it online or through the M'sian Embassy in Belgium though...but then again, the procedure is not exactly hassle-free...and the biggest concern is still the fact that I dont know much about politics..about the person whom I might be voting for...perhaps I should start paying attention to what they do from this year onwards and see if I could decide for the next election? haha...then my next concern is, how long will my interest stay in following what they do...? hehehe...so bleahz...I dont know if I'll ever cast any vote in this sense...though part of me seriously am hoping for a better government...(when this concern is raised, you hear some politicians saying something like the Malaysian government is already very good (that we citizens should appreciate!) and then giving examples of countries without functioning goverments or those in a political mess.... I wonder how many people would buy this kind of comment?...if you compare yourself to someone poorer than you, you'll forever be superior...and so you probably won't need to improve anymore, things are just so good already?!...on the other hand, on a wider perspective...we dont even need to look far, just turn our heads to our neighbouring country down south...and some others in the Sounth East Asia region or even the wider Asia continent...why are some countries able to do so well? some countries were poorer than us few decades ago and if we compare now, they are developing at such a speedy rate with obvious improvement in people's living of all aspects...shouldn't our government learnt from these government on how to serve the people?
...but well, what ever it is let's hope that the coming government (it will stay the same party anyway, not saying that it's no good but it's always been the case for a few decades..I wonder what would it be like if the strongest opposition party wins to be government?..will never know though, unless it really happens...
...shall end all my crapzz here and go cook my lunch...shucks, can't believe I blog about politics?!

No comments: