Sunday 16 March 2008

Politics and our every day lives

I so wanted to write something about our current politics scenario but I would not want to risk myself with the Internal Security Act (ISA)...so I guess I'd better keep quiet...as I always get myself into trouble for being too straight-forward...and I guess it's alright with friends as they forgive my foolishness but ISA is not exactly a friend so I'd better not fool around (buoy, it's so hard resisting...!!!)

anyway I guess it does affect our daily lives...I was in a friend's place when my boss called and informed me of possible threatening situations due to demonstration targetting at chinese and indians...that I should avoid hot areas ...and according to a reliable source, the said demonstration has been carried out the day before...I came home and told mum, mum said it's weird that she didnt get it on the newspaper or TV news...(well, you should know how bias is our media by now)...but yeah, my point is that...if the May 13th 1969 incident really repeat itself...it would be such a shame to the country and government and society as a whole...but luckily there's was nothing heard so I guess it's alright....
...and the day right after Election...the stock market was badly affected with foreign investors pulling out...

so...while I was really anticipating the change of a government/leader for the better...I now realize that there are considerable risks for the bet for the better...I am sure no Malaysians wants anything like what happened in Nairobi, Kenya...but still, I am positive that things will change for the better...but people need to be calm...and most importantly RATIONAL (easy word, hard act)~~~~
...dont say that I do not love the country...I critize, I comment, I say things against it all because I care about it...(people always think that I dont love Malaysia...ok, yes to a certain extent I hate certain things but I mean THINGS: systems, etc and NOT this piece of land!!!)...hopefully we see things changing for the better in months to come...let's wait and see...

No comments: