Thursday 17 April 2008

the day when you have your own kids

the other day I went to the orthoptist's to have my eyes checked
as lazy eyes/squint is a common thing in kids, I see a lot of kids on every visit
but on Wednesday...there is this little boy (I think he's seven, from his conversation with his mum and an aunt sitting next to him)...
so what is it about this little boy?
well, he's a little...I wont say it's hyperactive...but kind of overly active...
his mum appeared like a very proper mother
but from the behaviour of the son, I bet every other person in the room could tell...
(this tells how parents influence their kids and how kids reflect their parents, no joke man)
some of the tiny details...(ah well, just so bad of me, like I'm badmouthing people) but well, if any of u out there, could benefit from this, then it's worth of me doing this evil badmouthing job for once...
this kid...ok, i shall use 'little boy' so as not to appear so rude;PPP
so yeah, this little boy...he was very impatient as it was a pretty long wait...(he was the 3rd patient and I am the 5th, I wonder what time he reaches with his mum but I got there like about 9.15am and I only got to see the orthoptist at 11am
...so yeah, due to the impatience, his certainly was not in a very good temper...but he still has his temper under control...but he's looking for things to play with, there are books in the room...and the thing is that when he describes things...he would use the word "stupid"...so you could imagine him saying..."mummy, look at this stupid xxx...that stupid xxx...and this word is decorating almost every other sentence uttered by him....
apart from that he's practically trying to poke his hands onto everything and walk into some restricted areas, etc...which the nurse constantly had to stop him (his mum kept quiet most of the time, as if just allowing his son to freely do whatever he likes)...you could see that the nurse is really annoyed at one point of time...
....nevermind...
it came to the point where this special child came (a retarded young boy, maybe 5 years of age or even younger)...and the nurse asked everyone if it is ok to allow the special child to go in for consultation first...well, what can you say at this point right, so everyone was like replying by facial expression (it's ok:forced expression)
...and then guess what...dear little boy, in a very annoyed tone, said to his mum, NO! and then began saying something like ..how can he cut the line? I need to go to school...etc (at this point his mum was a little embarassed, and kept asking him to behave himself; I guess that is more for us to listen...and when the special child was carried into the consultation room by his guardians, dear boy said in an unbelievable tone, something like "look! he's cutting the line"...

well, conclusion...every little thing this little boy did or said really reflected on the mum in this case, (imagine after they left, I heard the nurse saying something like, the mum is a teacher and yet so impatient and the son is having such behaviour)...well, of course nothing is perfect...but then again, seriously, kids reflect their parents...

which left me wondering...what would happen if I have my own kids next time...I won't by any chance want them to behave even 1% of how the boy behaved..it's really scary if you know what i mean...and I was thankful that my parents brought me up well (mum's fulltime housewife, perhaps that's why)...I guess if I were to have my own kids in the future, I'll discard every other to be a full time mother, if financial conditions allow....ah, there, see my IF...oh, hate this...

No comments: