Sunday 4 May 2008

my first colour screen mobile phone...BUT...*pathetic case*


Our dear Mango decided that my phone charger was a tasty piece of chocolate and so had a good chew on it few days ago...
'fortunately' the next day was holiday, which allowed me time to get (an imitation) charger...
...imitation it was ...so yes, you guessed it right, it lasted only for two days of use...and today it decided to commit suicide...so gone RM15 for nothing
...so, just after dinner today, I rushed out with mum along...to get a mobile phone (finally)...and actually the other day I already had in mind what to get...
(what else?! the cheapest available...that is Nokia 1200, non-colour screen...no other functions but the most basic ones u get on any other phone...RM165...tempting price...but non-appetizing specs...) but I really find it so uninviting, (I mean I've never used a phone with colour screeen and polyphonic tone, if u know how I feel)...BUT it's not like I have any other choice, when u have no money, u just have to make do...

I went with my mind set to get the Nokia 1200 (sigh, the only thought in mind was how damn embarassing it would be to be buying that phone!!!...the other day the sales person said that the 1200 model is meant for primary school kids -小学生!!faintz...who would guess a young lady like me would buy a phone like that...??!! >.<
but anyway, today's encounter (another shop) was slightly luckier...
got to know about the existence of Nokia 1208 (photo, right)...exactly the same as Nokia 1200 but *voila* colour screen (me: pathetic smile)
...BUT still extremely (and damn) embarassing...but still thanks to mum...
...in her effort to 'save my face', mum made up a story...saying that we are buying a phone for a little kid, 10+ years old...so we want the cheapest available...
I was pretty much expressionless throughout (wanted to just grab the phone, pay and leave!!) it was aih~~ so embarassing...I dont know exactly why the feeling...but deep inside me, I guess there cannot be any young adult who are still be using a phone like that today?!...
but well *on a positive note*, it's still a bit more modern than my antique LG phone of 5 years old *pathetic smile again*
Antique was my second mobile phone, which I got from my sister in 2003 (my first mobile phone was a Nokia 3315 which I bought in 2002, which I gave to my father after using it for less than a year and it's still alive now...)
...and lately "Antique"'s hinting it wants retirement...the battery would only last a day if calls are made...
so there's my tail... I mean my tale...my third mobile, my second mobile, my first mobile...oh, am I confusing you already? whatever:PPP
..and yes, get to know me better: the cave girl...sorry if u think I'm so out of this world...so untrendy, bla bla bla what ever it is...but when money limits u...u know what's priority...if I could live without a mobile phone I would...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha kee kee...
ur antique...kid phone...cave man...

i really cannot tahan when i was reading ur this article la...

btw, erm.. y spend more on those not very good phone..last time my fren paid rm150 for one nokia phone. it's colour de...quite nice oso leh... ><

i didn't know you wanted a new phone... if not, maybe can go survey with u.... pai seh hor..

Panda said...

its ok with simple handphones...
as long its got the functions u need for a handphone...
call...
receive calls...
sms....
voila...
a handphone!!!
mine is kinda outdated too... you can imagine university students nowadays... with handphones that costs more than their fees.. a bit exaggerating~~
anyway.. at least you have a phone so people can find you when you are out at somewhere which have no public phones available...
heee