Saturday 30 August 2008

My favourite passion fruit and... 'What-fruit-is this'?!

My father has been involved with theselling of so-called organic fertilizer: liquid ones and composts (in actual there is still a certain percentage of chemicals in them we believe) for quite some time...
and since he visit farms, he gets supply of fruits and veggie from some of the farmers...mostly fruits...

...and this benefits me as I love fruits:PPP...
lately it's the season of passion fruits (one of my favs)...previously there was no planting of passion fruit in Malaysia...guessed it came into the picture only in the recent one-two years if I am not mistaken...
and here's the kind of passion fruit you get in malaysia...looks very different in outer appearance from those overseas... (the shell/skin I mean) particularly Australia and Europe...
However these two here are not ripen yet...therefore not ready to be consumed yet...when they are ready, the skin/shell will shrink and wrinkle (just like those overseas, for those who've seen them, except that ours here have nicer colours, hahaha)...and of course, they taste marvellous once ripen :-)

..and we all know fruits are good for our health...
here are something I found online for passion fruits...
"They are a rich source of vitamin C and a good source of vitamin A, iron, and potassium. The seeds are an excellent source of fiber. Passion fruit have somniferous properties, and when taken before going to bed they are effective in relaxation and a restful sleep during the night. They also have febrifugal and soporific properties."
Ref:

and the following is a kind of fruit I've not seen in my 26 years of life as a human...no idea what it's called (if anyone could enlighten me, please;PP) and where did I find this fruit, then? I bought it in Pusing ...I can't recall what they call it in Hakka / Hokkien...but my grandmother and father call this '阿答子' (just the sound in Cantonese, I dont know the actual words;PP)
...once open they look like mangosteens on the inside...but they taste sour-sweet (very mild), the flesh is very very thin so people who are looking for supple flesh might not like them so much, but if you like some sweet-sourness and fresh taste...this is really interesting I must say...
and apparently the older generations used to eat them like how we eat oranges or apples daily...

1 comment:

Panda said...

thanks for all the comments...

i'll keep those in mind...

our lecturer said too much effects might spoil the whole mv.. that's why we did not really put a lot in it... hee...

anyway... nothing is irrelevant when it comes to comments... a 3rd party always see more than the 1st or the 2nd...

thanks again!!